Whether you’ve been a part of the industry for many years or you are new to the world of commercial finance broking, being an NACFB Member broker gives customers and lenders confidence that they are dealing with a professional – an expert who knows the market and operates to the highest standards.
Our support to Member brokers
Access to lenders
From the high-street and challenger banks to the specialist and boutique funders, Members get access to a comprehensive directory of our lender Patrons
A help desk, template documents, regular Minimum Standards Reviews, training, events and software to help your business comply with regulatory requirements
Our free lead generation service allows SMEs to enter their desired amount of finance, location and reason for borrowing, connecting you with the right clients
Access to specialist business services on a preferential basis, including insurance, legal, tax, credit reference, business intelligence, sales guarantees, health & safety and more
Supporting your CPD and encouraging life-long learning through news emails, seminars, bespoke workshops, networking opportunities, and online training programmes
Championing brokers and the commercial finance community in front of government, regulators, UK business and other professional bodies to effect change and promote the commercial finance broker
- Broker evidence – When applying for NACFB membership, brokers will be required to evidence three offers of loan, from different lenders – these must be commercial and not residential loans. Not required for Associate Members.
- Lender references – When applying for NACFB membership, you will be asked to provide the contact details of two lenders including contact name, email address and phone number (so that we can obtain the reference as quickly as possible). Not required for Associate Members.
- FCA permissions – When applying for NACFB membership, you will be asked to provide your FCA reference number and permissions, or if you are an Appointed Representative (AR), a copy of the agreement between you and the Network and the relevant FCA reference number. If you apply or are waiting for Full Direct Authorisation from the FCA, your NACFB membership may be suspended until the FCA authorisation is received.
- Data protection – When applying for NACFB membership, you will be asked to provide your Data Protection Licence number.
- Professional indemnity – When applying for NACFB membership, you will be asked to provide a copy of your Professional Indemnity Insurance policy or schedule.
- Minimum Standards Reviews – All NACFB Members undergo Minimum Standards Reviews (MSR) prior to joining. There are 6 categories of compliance comprising of 81 individual detailed observations. A key strategy for the Association is that the NACFB Marque is one that is trusted in the SME and commercial lending markets.
Why be a Member?
The NACFB is a hallmark for quality and professionalism, and we mean to keep it that way. If you choose to join us, we’ll support you in this endeavour. The NACFB welcomes brokers who offer asset and leasing finance, invoice finance and factoring, cashflow finance, unsecured finance, commercial mortgages, buy-to-let mortgages, property development finance and bridging loans. We will introduce you to our ever-growing list of Patron lenders and help you to build strong, successful relationships with them and our community of Member brokers. We will support you in your professional and personal development because we know that lifelong learning is key to success. We will help you to uphold the highest industry and regulatory standards to ensure that your business is fit for purpose. This is not about the reluctant adoption of regulations but understanding why they are required and how they can be of benefit.