Become a Member
Why become a member?
The National Association of Commercial Finance Brokers (NACFB) was established in 1992 in response to the growing incidence of fraud. The NACFB is the national trade body for brokers who arrange finance for businesses. NACFB members work across the whole commercial finance sector and operate in areas such as commercial mortgages, leasing and asset finance, factoring and invoicing, vehicle finance, and buy-to-lets.
The NACFB works to encourage best practice and these best practice standards are published within an industry recognised Code of Practice and have been adopted by an increasing number of commercial finance brokers. Our Code of Practice has been formally recognised by the Office of Fair Trading since 1994.
NACFB full members enjoy:
- a listing on the NACFB website for business referrals, and use of our logo
- the option of discounted, competitively priced Professional Indemnity insurance provided by Towergate
- invitations to a full diary of free roadshows, training events and networking opportunities across England and Wales throughout the year
- direct access to more than one hundred and thirty lenders that are NACFB patrons
- a listing on the findSMEfinance (www.findSMEfinance.co.uk)
In addition, the NACFB is a mouthpiece for its members. Our CEO is regularly to be found in London attending and speaking with the FSA, as well as at party conferences, the Micro Business Group, the All Party Small Business Group, meetings with Members of Parliament and the Bank of England, and the Department of Business Innovation and Skills, on subjects including the recent Mortgage Market Review, potential changes to the Consumer Credit Act, and the state of the industry in general.
We have a Continuing Professional Development plan, which will encourage our members to demonstrate 35 hours of relevant study per year. NACFB events count towards the cumulative study time. This initiative ensures our members have broad-ranging and recent experience in the commercial finance market.